Trojans are malicious computer infections that usually enter target systems pretending to be something else. It is based on the engine of an open-source ransomware Hidden-Tear, but, unlike this ransomware infection, it does not currently encrypt files. This is definitely good news; Thus, it is important to be aware of this devious application’s existence, to say the least. There are two ways to prevent this kind of devastation. It will become clear that this computer infection is inside the system when you find a bunch of encrypted files. For the details on how this infection may appear on your system and how it operates, please continue reading our full article. Make sure to use it right away if the devious application is already up and running on your PC. You have to remove Koobface immediately.
To see if Koobface managed to enter the system, users should check the following directories %PROGRAMFILES%, %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%, %WINDIR%\System32\Tasks. Specialists say that some users might also notice READ_DECRYPT DATA INSTRUCTIONS.txt on their Desktops as well. With the help of Koobface, the attackers can also make online money transactions using the victim’s account, which was done in one bank in Japan. Of course, security specialists at www.virus4remove.com do not recommend paying money to cyber criminals because they know that there is a possibility that you will not get the decryption key. It means the malware may have had capabilities of downloading more harmful applications on the system, although specialists from Avast do not think the cyber criminals were able to use this feature. The funny thing is that these processes are killed momentarily, and you can restart them. If you are not vigilant, the next unfamiliar attachment you open could be used to infiltrate malware. When testing the threat, our researchers found that the installer has been taken down on all three links, and so you cannot download anything. Keep in mind that it does not mean that you can keep Koobface installed on the system and do nothing. Actually, every user should have a trustworthy antimalware scanner installed on their computers.
Have you looked at your personal files? That, however, does not mean that you can definitely get Koobface deleted yourself. But we can never be sure whether it is really the case. \Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Essential\msestl32.exe. We are sure that you do not want to lose your files again, so we suggest installing an automatic malware remover right after the deletion of Koobface. In such a case, launching the antimalware scanner will be your only responsibility. The criminals try to scare you stating that you have to pay within a week or your files will become undecryptable. “Y29uaGVjaW1lbnRvIG5hbyBlIGNyaW1lIGNyaW1lIHNlciBidXJybyBlIGJhaXhhciBxdWFscXVlciBtZXJkYSBuYSBpbnRlcm5ldCBhY2hhbmRvIHF1ZSB2YWkgc2UgDQpkYXIgYmVtIGlzc28gZSBwcmEgdm9jZXMgYXByZW5kZXIgYSBuYW8gYmFpeGFyIG1haXMgbWVyZGEgbmEgaW50ZXJuZXQgc2V1cyBvdGFyaW9z”.Download Removal Toolto remove Koobface
If you do not have Bitcoins, then the developers have that covered as well. We recommend that you scan the system with Anti-Malware Tool because this real-time anti-spyware tool can protect the system against browser hijacker, rogue anti-spyware programs, ransomware and other threats. You should invest in a powerful computer security program to remove the Trojan automatically, because manual removal is too complicated for an average computer user. After the tool finishes scanning the system, users can easily get rid of all detections by pressing the removal button. Click the download button below to install a truly reliable and effective tool, and post a comment below if you have more questions. For best results, it is worth keeping all programs and drivers up-to-date, too, so that cyber criminals cannot easily exploit security holes of earlier versions. It is also possible that a technical issue comes up, i.e., the connection could be lost between the infection and the remote Command and Control server, which would result in your not getting the decryption key even if you have transferred the money.
Manual Removal Instructions to Remove Koobface
Remove Koobface from your PC
- On the Taskbar, access the Start menu.
- Open Control Panel and pick Add or Remove Programs.
- Right-click Koobface and choose Uninstall.
Eliminate Koobface from your browsersDownload Removal Toolto remove Koobface
- Open the menu and choose Settings.
- In the Appearance, check Show Home button and tap Change.
- Pick Use The New Tab page or choose another website as your new homepage.
- Navigate to Search, choose Manage search engines and select a new search engine as your default.
- Mark Open a specific page or a set of pages, select Set pages, and replace the current search engine with the one you prefer.
- Tap OK, go to Extensions and delete the suspicious entries.
- Restart the browser.
- Start Mozilla Firefox, press Alt + T and go to Options.
- In the General tab, open the Home Page box and overwrite the home page.
- Click OK and tap the search icon in the search box. Choose Manage Search Engines and replace the undesirable search provider with the one your prefer.
- Tap OK and restart the browser.
- Press Alt + T and choose Internet Options.
- In the General tab, access Home Page and delete/change the unwanted search provider.
- Click OK. Move to General tab, Tabs tap on Settings In IE 9/10/11:
- Alter When a new tab is opened, open: to A blank page or Your first home page.
- Start IE, press Alt + T and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Choose Search Providers and delete the unwanted search tool.
- Tap Close, right-click Koobface and choose Remove.
- Restart the browser.